Measles is an infectious disease caused by a virus. If one person has measles at home and the others have never had measles or have not been vaccinated against measles, they are about 90% more likely to be infected. In Bangladesh, children under the age of 4 have more measles, but the number of children under the age of 1 is more.
The diseases are usually contagious from 4 days before to 4 days after the rash appears. During this time, if someone comes in contact with infections, he gets measles within about 7-14 days. The paramyxovirus spreads to healthy people through the sneezing, coughing, and breathing of infected people.
Symptom & Sign:
Measles usually starts with the symptoms of a cold. There is a fever, which gradually rises to 103-105 degrees Fahrenheit, the body shakes, there is a slight fever, the eyes begin to blink. The eyes become red; there is discomfort in the eyes; there is a runny nose, sneezing, and coughing. This condition continues for two or three days.
At this time, if you look at the face of the person with a smile, you can see white spots on the inside of the cheeks, according to the head of Alpin. Looking at these, it can be guessed that the real measles grains will come out in two or three days. Within 3-5 days of fever, measles starts appearing all over the body. At this time, the fever suddenly increased very much.
Measles are deadly diseases when it comes to complications. Measles is more harmful in its complications and causes death than it is in itself. Measles can cause a variety of complications. However, diarrhea is the most common. There may also be ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, inflammation of the mouth, malnutrition, encephalitis, convulsions, night blindness, etc. Even the patient can lead to death.
- The patient must be kept at full rest. Since it is contagious to the patient, it should be kept separate from others.
- As long as there is a fever, the patient should be given more liquid food.
- Paracetamol tablets in case of fever. The syrup should be given according to the age and weight of the patient.
- Antihistamines for itching can be given according to age and weight.
- Antibiotics can be given to prevent complications or infections. In case of complications (ear infections, pneumonia, diarrhea, etc.), treatment should be given according to the symptoms and the patient or should be sent to the hospital.
- After getting measles, the patient should take high potency vitamin A capsules for two days. (It should be noted here that many people do not eat nutritious food like fish, meat, fruits, etc. for measles and mumps, which leads to malnutrition complications in Ara. Malnutrition is one of the leading causes of child mortality in Bangladesh).
- The measles vaccine is beneficial. When the child is nine months old, he should go to the vaccination center and get vaccinated against measles. Once you have measles or get the measles vaccine, there is no chance of getting measles in your life.
- Measles should be avoided. Children need to be fed nutritious food.