The brain of the head is covered with three thin sheaths. These coatings are called meninges. Meningitis infection is called meningitis. This disease is more severe in children. Blood-borne germs can infect meninges, or bacteria can come from infections in other parts of the body, such as pneumonia. Meningitis can also be triggered by direct infection from an ear infection complication.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Fever, the temperature rises to 103 – 104 degrees Fahrenheit. May rise up.
- May cause headache, nausea, vomiting.
- The baby has a feeling of drowsiness; a little touch is annoying.
- Occasionally there is a tingling or abnormal release of the limbs.
- The soft spot on the scalp of six children may be swollen.
- Neck rigidity – The chin cannot be quickly brought close to the chest by bending the neck. Many times the neck becomes stiff, and the head and neck bend backward.
- The child does not want to eat and becomes progressively weaker and may become delirious and eventually become unconscious.
- The baby may have convulsions.
- The disease can be accurately diagnosed by examining the CSF or brain fluid. Examining the patient, it can be seen that the pulse of the patient is slowing down. The disease is very restless, the delirium is blabbering, and the neck is throbbing. At this time, the patient hands and feet may be folded. He gets annoyed whenever he goes to her. If you put your hand on the patient neck, you can see that it has become stiff. If you put alae on the eye gem, you can see that the gem is shrinking. Corning’s sign can also be seen.
Meningitis is fatal. This can kill the patient in a day or two. With proper treatment, the patient can get better in 2-3 weeks. However, every moment is costly for the patient after being caught.
Delaying or neglecting or rough treatment for meningitis can lead to blindness, deafness, deafness, epilepsy, and dementia. Send the patient to the nearest hospital/health center without delay.
Meningitis can often be caused by tuberculosis. If you have meningitis due to disease, the symptoms appear gradually. Symptoms of other types of meningitis appear very quickly (within a few hours). If meningitis is due to tuberculosis, tuberculosis should be treated.
Many types of germs can cause meningitis
. Hemophilus influenzae-B is one of them. The vaccine against this bacterium is now available in Bangladesh, and the name of this vaccine is Hib.