What Is Menopause: Symptoms, Menopause Management
- Menopause is defined as the cessation of ovarian function or the termination of menstrual cycles.
- Menopause is a natural process, and it is not a disease.
- The mean age for menopause is 51 years.
- One-third of a woman’s life occurs after menopause.
Change of Hormones in women:
- Metabolic disorders
Phases associated with female reproductive life.
- Hot flushes 60%-70% of women suffer.
- Night sweating
- Loss of conversation and forgetfulness
- Anxiety and fear
- Loss of libido
- Thinning of vaginal and urethral tissue
- Stress incontinence
- Frequency of urination
- Vaginitis: 38%
- Dyspareunia: 38%
- Discharge: 15%
- Itching: 15%
- Pain: 15%
- Recurrent UTI: 13%
- Urinary Incontinence: 29%:
- Stress: 17%
- Urge: 8%
- Mixed: 9%
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- relieves symptoms
- prevents lone term complications
- prevents osteoporosis
- improves mood and libido
- improves the quality of life
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT):
- Treats the symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, etc.)
- Prevention of heart disease (40-50% reduction in risk)
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis
- May help prevent dementia
- May prevent strokes
- Lower mortality rates in women who take estrogen.
- Oral formulations-cyclic or continuous
- Vaginal preparations
- Injectable forms
- Low dose oral contraceptives
THE IDEAL HRT:
- Is convenient and discreet
- Relieves climacteric symptoms
- Prevents bene loss
- Relieves urogenital symptoms
- Improves mand and libido
- Protect against cardiovascular disease
- Does not stimulate breast tissue
- Does not stimulate the endometrium
- Hos minimal aide-effects
- Desire to prevent osteoporosis
- Desire to prevent aging
- To improve mood& libido.
- To improve general wellbeing