Peptic Ulcer Disease:
- Everyone’s stomach secretes acid-pepsin. But that is why everyone does not have ulcers any more. At its core is the regular immune system of the mucous membranes of the stomach. For which there can be no ulcers.
- But in some exceptional cases, due to certain habits in the human life cycle, this healthy immunity is lost, and the secretion of acid-pepsin is also increased. The result is ulcers.
- As soon as food enters the stomach, the body secretes acid-pepsin in the usual way.
- Genetic effects can be observed in patients with peptic ulcer. People with blood group ‘O’ are more likely to have duodenal ulcers.
- Excess acid secretion in the stomach – which usually leads to excessive anxiety-depression, tea-coffee, spicy foods and smoking, alcohol, etc. This excess acid secretion generally causes duodenal ulcers.
- The capacity or thickness of the mucous membrane of the stomach, which usually occurs in gastric ulcers.
- Don’t sleep or wake up at night.
- Helicobacter pylori infection of the stomach, which helps in peptic ulcer and prevents the wound from drying out well.
- Some medications such as painkillers (aspirin, indomethacin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, etc.) Steroid medications may play a role in causing peptic ulcers or exacerbating the problem.
Symptom & Sign:
- Abdominal pain – The main symptoms of peptic ulcer. Usually on the upper abdomen. Sometimes the rage can point to the place of pain with one finger. Feelings of pain vary from person to person.
- Gastric or peptic ulcer: It is the most common type of stomach ulcer. It is usually caused by pain after some time of eating.
- Vomiting – Gastric or peptic ulcer: It is the most common type of nausea and vomiting. At one stage, the stomach becomes so uncomfortable that the diseased person wants to get relief by vomiting with his fingers in his mouth. In the case of chronic peptic ulcer, there may be vomiting of blood, and diarrhea may be due to tar.
Another characteristic of chronic peptic ulcer is that vomiting is accompanied by a few days of accumulated food.
- Black – toilet-Duodenal ulcers usually occur in patients.
- Appetite – Gastric or peptic ulcer: It is the only food which can cure gastric ulcer most effectively. They have more appetite.
- Weight – Gastric or peptic ulcer: It is one of the most common causes of weight loss in duodenal ulcers.
- Heartburn, nausea, bloating, indigestion, loss of appetite, etc. may occur.
- Abdominal pain and problems recur for a few days. Slow repetitions tend to happen faster. There are times when there is often a pain in the upper abdomen.
- The disease can be diagnosed by listening to the symptoms well, but some tests are done to make sure.
- Endoscopy or barium mill on the surface of the digestive tract.
- Helicobacter pylori test-rapid clo-test or blood test will be caught.
- Rest – In case of a sudden increase in peptic ulcer, the patient should take full rest.
- Food – Eat food on time and eat nutritious food. Foods with extra spices and oils should be avoided.
- Smoking – Alcohol must be eliminated (not reduced).
- If there are too much tea and coffee, 2 cups can be eaten on a full stomach every day.
- Painkillers and steroids should not be taken on an empty stomach and should be taken with peptic ulcers.
- Surgery – If the ulcer cannot be controlled with medication, normal life is disrupted due to the ulcer, vomiting of blood or tar is often followed by medication, perforation due to ulcer, pyloric stenosis, or cancer is treated with surgery.
Some common myths: Ulcers are frequently eaten (4-6 times a day)
- Drinking a glass of milk before bed at night cures ulcers – that’s not true. Although milk is a nutritious food, it increases the calcium acid excretion of milk, and as a result, milk damages ulcers.